We acknowledge and respect the privacy of our customer's personal information. Calibre Furniture (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information because of our legal and ethical commitment in accordance with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. We care about how your personal information may be used and shared, and will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your personal information in violation of these commitments.
Calibre Furniture may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We recommend checking this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information we collect, and how we collect it
The types of individually identifiable personal information we collect, whether that is in person, by telephone, e-mail communication, internet or social media may include information about your:
- Personal details: such as your name, age, gender, roles, residential and/or delivery addresses associated with your order or account.
- Contact details and means of communication: such as an e-mail and telephone numbers
- Valid identification: such as a driver’s license or passport to prevent fraudulent activity and unsanctioned purchases.
- Payment and transaction history: such as information of the products and services you purchase from us and the payment method, including the credit/debit card details used for the transaction.
- Messages to us or between users: such as messages you send us in e-mails or written correspondences.
Why we collect information, and how we use itWe collect personal information provided by you to the necessary extent to fulfil one or more of our functions and activities within fair and reasonable means. We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“purposes”):
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us.
- To communicate with you, including about product and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you.
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice.
- To create and process orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts.
- To provide your personal information to third parties that assist us and perform functions on our behalf, such as delivery service couriers and warranty repairs (in and/ or out of warranty periods).
- To consider and respond to comments or complaints made by you.
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
- To carry out administration, marketing, supplying, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Calibre Furniture and service providers provide products and services to you.
The personal information provided by you may be held in electronic records and hard copy, permitting lawful access only to Calibre Furniture company employees, contracted third-party service providers or government bodies and law enforcement agencies to perform and fulfil their functions.
- We take reasonable steps in circumstances to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by unapproved persons.
- Calibre Furniture is certified with GeoTrust Trade, assuring you that you are shopping with an accredited and trusted provider. We secure and encrypt sensitive personal information (i.e. your name, contact details, residential and delivery address, credit card numbers) with strong SSL 128-bit technology.
- To know if the personal information you are entering or providing is secure, please look at the address bar in your browser. If the URL begins with http:// or https:// then you are on a secure page.
- Occasionally, you may be asked to provide valid identification to confirm the delivery address or to verify payment details when you opt to pay via credit card. This information is solely used to prevent unauthorised and fraudulent transactions and is not stored in our system for any other purpose.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com, or unsubscribing from our mailing list
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- Under the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988, you are entitled to request and gain access to your personal information and ask us to provide you with the details of the personal information we hold about you.
- You can update or correct your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the website or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish for your personal information to be removed from our database and records, please contact us via email and we will promptly action your request.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|